The New Year has arrived and so have the latest trends in office design. For 2014, they are bold colors and streamlined, functional spaces. Check out our top 5 office trends for 2014:
1. Bright Colors: This year the experts at Pantone named Radiant Orchid the color of the year. Confident, bold and warm, the light purple and fuchsia fusion will add a pop of life to any room you add it to.
2. Efficient Spaces: Gone are the days of giant isolated offices. In 2014, the trend is to install space-efficient work stations where multiple employees from the same team can work on the same project at the same time.
3. Technology with Design: Integrated technology means building office spaces and incorporating high quality furniture around the technological needs of a company. From Skype-powered conference rooms with video chat capabilities, to computer work stations in break rooms, easily accessible technology for all your employees is the future of all office environments.
4. Team-Centered Spaces: Team-centered spaces refer to rooms built to the specific needs of each department. In the last few years, thanks to office innovations seen in the likes Google and Facebook, the collaborative office space has taken off. Besides project-specific individual work stations, these team-centered spaces are areas where a department in the same space can openly meet and brainstorm without needing to go to an isolated conference room. Additionally, these collaborative office spaces have in many cases resulted in stronger teams and departments, and the increase of productivity and ideas.
5. Sustainability: As industry and society moves towards the green movement, more and more offices are looking for sustainable ways to maintain their office and save money in the long run. Sustainability can be as simple as a recycling program, purchasing refurbished used furniture, to investing in LED lights over fluorescent ones. These little changes will ultimately lead to a better and more productive work environment for your employees.