The Project Coordinator handles full coordination of our in-house office furniture projects from the point of sale until project is completed and beyond. Such projects could range from ordering and delivering just one file cabinet all the way to organizing the full installation of 500 workstations with ancillary furniture. This is a heavy customer-facing position with a need for high attention to detail and organizational skills. Ideal candidate will have office furniture experience.
WHO WE ARE
Arnold’s Office Furniture is the exclusive dealer of the revolutionary Sunline Sliding Cubicles that’s making waves across the country with multi-billion dollar companies like American Airlines, Geico, Ace Hardware, Aramark, Dole, MGM Studios, Colliers, Magna Mirrors, Apex Tool Group, Vehicle Service Group, Cemex, Exelon, Siemen’s, Johnson Controls, ON Semiconductor, some doozies we can’t mention because of confidentiality agreements, and many more.
Arnold’s offers the full package to our customers including space planning, procurement, delivery and installation at a price that is frustrating Herman Miller, Steelcase, and other big name dealers across the country.
At Arnold’s we aren’t just selling office furniture and making a profit, we’re helping businesses grow long-term by giving them modern, flexible office furniture that will make employees happier, more comfortable, and more productive. And guess who they come back to when they grow? 🙂
- Deliver and organize necessary documentation from intake to completion
- Coordinate project timing with our warehouse workload, installer availability, and customer needs
- Negotiate freight rates, dates, and times with various freight companies
- Negotiate installer rates, dates, and times with various installation crews
- Proactively communicate and follow-up as necessary with all parties involved along the way in any given project – displaying courtesy and professionalism with every communication
- Keep customer aware of times and dates when projects will be completed
- Communication varies between email and phone calls
- Identify logistical and technical issues with any project as soon as possible and work with necessary parties to resolve in the most effective manner
- Order requisite products from 3rd party vendors which we do not stock
- This requires researching details about product, sometimes negotiating price, and creating purchase orders to be submitted to Accounting for final approval
- Follow-up with installation crews and customers for any outstanding work and punch-lists necessary in order to complete job 100%, then acting on these punch-lists by creating work orders and submitting to warehouse for execution
- Consistently and proactively learn about all areas of products we work with to provide customers and coworkers with accurate information and advice, and ensure a smooth project execution
- 99% in office, occasional overtime work required.
- Working knowledge of commercial office space planning, architecture, or construction
- Working Knowledge of office furniture including systems furniture and casegoods
- Professional attitude and business acumen
- Great customer service skills – attentiveness, follow-up, interpersonal
- High attention to detail with great organizational skills
- Customer service or logistics or similar experience in a fast paced organization
- Ability to be client’s point of contact for all questions and concerns via phone or email
- Ability to coordinate between departments
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Exceptional problem solving capability
- Strong performance under pressure in fast-paced environment
- Excellent Microsoft Office (Excel, Word), Google product (Sheets, Docs, Drive, Chrome), general internet and computer skills
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2+ years of project management and/or account management
- Healthy yearly salary paid weekly
- Health insurance available after 60 days – 50% of individual premium paid by company
- Dental, vision, and 401k benefits available
- Access to a $50/month LifeTime Fitness corporate membership (originally $140/mth)
- Daily lunch program of up to $10/day, lunch delivered to office for all employees
- 13 days paid time off (to start) to be accrued over the year and 9 paid holidays. Paid holidays subject to change depending on how the holidays fall on the calendar.