Director of Operations reports to the President and CEO and is responsible for overseeing general operations of the company.
WHO WE ARE
Arnold’s Office Furniture is the exclusive dealer of the revolutionary Sunline Sliding Cubicles that’s making waves across the country with multi-billion dollar companies like American Airlines, Geico, Ace Hardware, Aramark, Dole, MGM Studios, Colliers, Magna Mirrors, Apex Tool Group, Vehicle Service Group, Cemex, Exelon, Siemen’s, Johnson Controls, ON Semiconductor, some doozies we can’t mention because of confidentiality agreements, and many more.
Arnold’s offers the full package to our customers including space planning, procurement, delivery and installation at a price that is frustrating Herman Miller, Steelcase, and other big name dealers across the country.
At Arnold’s we aren’t just selling office furniture and making a profit, we’re helping businesses grow long-term by giving them modern, flexible office furniture that will make employees happier, more comfortable, and more productive. And guess who they come back to when they grow? 🙂
- Understand and manage all customer
- Identify time-consuming production work in advance (refurbishing, alterations, electrical modifications, inventory procurement, etc)
- Monitor accuracy of information on Shipping Schedule and Job Summary overview tracker.
- Guide and support Project Coordinators as necessary
- Ensure proper allocation of jobs to Project Coordinators.
- Help negotiate, filter, and approve freight rate quotes.
- Help problem-solve logistics with customer timing, installation crews, trash pick-ups, revisits, 3rd party crew interference, etc.
- Consistently monitor stock inventory levels. Resolve foreseeable inventory problem areas.
- Work with CAD / Plan Design Department to create accurate floor-plans and double or triple-check final versions of floor-plans and pull lists for sound technical and inventory coherency.
- Help CAD Manager prioritize required pull lists and other CAD-related work according to shipping dates and estimated production schedules.
- Maintain a healthy level of reliable installation crews – locally and nationally. Work with HR to recruit additional installers and crews as necessary. Train and advise installation crews as necessary – reinforcing and monitoring that all installation crews must adhere to the Arnold’s/Sunline installation crew code of conduct (see document).
- Continuously identify and work with team to improve processes in every aspect of Operations – in-house communication, customer communication, flow of paperwork, documentation, purchase ordering, inter-department coordination.
- Work with Warehouse Manager and Office Manager to ensure cleanliness and safety of all employees and areas of Arnold’s Office Furniture headquarters
- Double-check warehouse orders shipping out as necessary
- Identify and report any personnel issues including position vacancies, delinquent direct reports, and the need for extra manpower in certain areas.
- Coordinate installation and modification of showroom samples.
- Coordinate installation and modification of Arnold’s actual office furniture (for employees)
- Ability to read and understand all aspects of an office furniture floor-plan, construction drawings, furniture specification plans, and other architectural drawings.
- Ability to make and lead others in making cost effective choices.
- Proficient knowledge and experience of warehouse management
- Advanced knowledge and management of inventory and inventory systems
- Advanced knowledge of older and current office furniture systems and casegoods.
- Advanced understanding of commercial office space planning, architecture, and construction.
- High attention to detail.
- Exceptional problem-solving capability.
- Ability to multitask and react quickly under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft, Adobe, and Google products: Word, Excel, Docs, Sheets, Drive Acrobat
- Proficient PC skills – organizing files, folders, efficient mouse and keyboard techniques
- 10+ years of Project Management experience
- 10+ years of large office furniture project coordination experience
- 10+ years of general systems furniture experience including casegoods and accessories
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Generous yearly salary paid weekly
- Health insurance available after 60 days – 50% of individual premium paid by company
- Dental, vision, and 401k benefits available
- Access to a $50/month LifeTime Fitness corporate membership (originally $140/mth)
- Daily lunch program of up to $10/day, lunch delivered to office for all employees
- 13 days paid time off (to start) to be accrued over the year and 9 paid holidays. Paid holidays subject to change depending on how the holidays fall on the calendar.
Bridgeport, PA (greater Philadelphia area near King of Prussia)