Warehouse, Refinishing, Installation, Shipping / Receiving
Bridgeport, PA (greater Philadelphia area)
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Operations will have primary responsibility for managing the core operational business lines of the company, including the Warehouse Operations, Inventory Management, Shipping/Receiving, Furniture Refurbishment, Delivery Planning, and Customer Service Operations. This management involves the direction and coordination of labor to work safely and efficiently while producing quality furniture within a process driven, standardized warehouse operation function. As a “go-to” support to the CEO, the Director, Operations will manage and advise on a wide range of day-to-day issues relating to the cost and performance of the operations function, this position will be located at the company’s corporate headquarters in Bridgeport, PA.
Arnold’s Office Furniture supplies businesses across the country with a turnkey solution for premium refurbished, pre-owned office furniture and cubicles, including space planning, procurement, delivery and installation at a fraction of the original cost. Headquartered in Bridgeport, PA, the company prides itself on its hard-working, entrepreneurial culture, which values collaborative team players who are direct in their communication and genuinely enjoy working together in flexible environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manage the Warehouse Operations, Inventory Management, Shipping/Receiving, Furniture Refurbishment, Delivery Planning, Customer Service Operations for Arnolds. This involves the direction and coordination of labor to work safely and efficiently while producing quality furniture within a process driven, standardized warehouse operation function.
- The development and implementation of programs and procedures to ensure and increase the efficiency of Arnolds operations including:
- Warehouse / Inventory Management
- Shop / Logistics Operations
- Operations service and cost optimization
- Customer focus and follow-up
- Operating technologies and processes
- Develops short range operation plans based on company goals and objectives which include resource requirements, process improvements, safety compliance, efficiency, customer service, and process control.
- Manages all facets of the warehouse, including inventory management of components, efficient inbound/outbound operations, and shop operations utilizing established process and technology tools. This includes the supervision of an Operations team fulfilling custom used furniture orders, operating in a primary and secondary warehouse, as well as field installation operations at customer sites across the country.
- Continuously improves the cost and performance of the Operations function, using business and financial acumen to drive improved results.
- Provide feedback to operations and sales regarding operational efficiency opportunities and/or roadblocks to efficiency or customer concerns.
- Enforces compliance with administrative policies, procedures, and safety policies
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Credibility to lead change and passion for continuous improvement.
- Proficiency in communicating effectively both verbally and through written material.
- Experience with fundamental operations technologies: warehouse mgmt., inventory mgmt., transportation mgmt.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; flexible and adaptable.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Driven and motivated to get results; takes initiative; follows through on deliverables.
- Superior project management skills and familiarity with project management tools.
- Exhibits confidence and the ability to lead teams and coach peers.
- High standard of personal and professional integrity.
- Passion for delivering results to customers
- Detail orientation / excellent organizational skills
- Capacity to understand and report on factors that influence the daily productivity and effectiveness of Arnold’s delivery and service operations.
- Guide, train, and motivate assigned personnel.
- Capacity to thrive in a fast paced, demanding environment.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
Bachelor’s Degree in a Business or Operations discipline preferred
10+ years of experience in operations management, and or warehouse management. Demonstrated results in implementing process/technology improvements in an operation.