When planning an office space, it’s easy to get sucked into the newest trends in design. While you may be left with a beautiful space, you may also be left wondering “Was it worth the time and investment?”
Every business has their own unique work culture and needs, and, as tempting as it is to opt for a collaborative or downsized workspace, it’s important that you understand the habits of your employees.
Below we’ve compiled a quick questionnaire to help you measure just how effective your new space design is.
- How much time do your employees spend at work?
- How many employees work from home versus at the office on a daily basis?
- How is technology integrated throughout the office?
- How organized is the technology at an employee’s workstation?
- How much storage space do your employees actually use?
- How many items of importance (files, project binders) do your employees keep at their desk at any time?
- Where do you hold group meetings?
- How often do you hold group meetings?
- How many people usually attend?
- When your employees are not at their desk, where are they?
Survey your employees with this questionnaire or some version of it. The result of your findings will give you a clearer picture of the effectiveness of your space design and where it can be improved.
Photo credit: Aurimas Adomavicius / Source / CC BY-ND