For most of the country, winter is still very much among us. From snow storms on the east coast to record breaking chills down south, it’s safe to say it’s been a cold couple of months. While your building may be temperature controlled, we’ve come up with 5 additional ways to help you fend off the chills and keep you cozy in your cubicle.
1. Cubicle Coat Hooks: Heavy winter coats and scarves can take up a lot of space. While leaving them wrapped around the chair seems like the most logical solution, it can inhibit proper chair support. A better option is to install removable hooks right on your cubicle. Sturdy and lightweight cubicle coat hooks not only help you keep organized, but put your coat within easy reach.
2. Space Heaters: Bringing in your own personal space heater affords you the luxury of a warm environment without making your coworkers too “toasty.” Small space heaters are affordable and can be placed under your desk to warm your feet or right next to you on the table.
3. Blanket: Keeping a small fleece or cotton blanket on your chair or stored in your desk is a discreet way to stay comfortable during the winter. Look for blankets that are lightweight and can easily be stored or zipped up when you leave for the day.
4. Rugs: Placing a small rug in your cubicle can add personality and a touch of color for your space. Most importantly, a small rug can add warmth to your cubicle floors and keep heat trapped in your area.
5. Exercise: The last best way to fend off the cold at your office is to do some exercise. As we discussed in earlier blogs, it’s easy to do exercises with your office furniture. Better yet, you can raise your heart rate by taking a stroll around the building with your fellow coworkers.